Ted
I used to laugh at Ted Mosby. In the first few seasons, I'd make fun of the situations he got himself into and the women he'd always end up chasing. I never understood how someone could keep going back to the same person after everything. Then I finished the series.
And somewhere along the way, I realized... maybe I am Ted. No matter how many crushes come and go, no matter how many times I convince myself I've finally moved on, I somehow find my way back to the same person. It's almost hopeless. I know some people just aren't meant for me. I know the ending before the story even begins. I warn myself, promise myself I'll do better, and yet I always end up making the same mistake.
Maybe what hurts the most is knowing I'll probably never matter to him the way he matters to me. I'd be the last person he'd look for in a crowded room, while I'd notice him the moment he walked in.
So why do I keep ending up like Ted.
Comments
Post a Comment